Life in Hungary

Life in Hungary
1. Q: What is the official language in Hungary? Can local people communicate with English?
A: In Hungary, although the official language is Hungarian, educated people basically can speak English, German and other languages, so you can communicate with them in English. In addition, we will recommend local Chinese service companies to the applicant, the service companies can help applicant on communication problems.

2. Q: What is the currency used in Hungary? What is exchange rate to RMB?
A: The official currency in Hungary is Forint. The exchange rate of Foint to Euro is around 300:1, which mean HUF300 = EUR1. The exchange rate of Foint to RMB is 35: 1.

3. Q: Can the Chinese driver’s license be used in Hungary? How long can it be use?
A: To use international driver’s license in Hungary, you need a driver’s license together with English certified true copy, this certified true copy driver’s license can be used in Hungary for six months. You still have to obtain a local driver’s license subsequently.

4. Q: How to apply for a driver’s license in Hungary?
A: The driving test in Hungary is similar to China, include registration, body check, oral and practical driving test. Driving test in Hungary is in Hungarian, but you can hire a translate person during theory lessons and test. Some schools offer English theory lessons and practical lessons, the fees us around EUR3,000-5,000. Driver’s license obtained in Hungary can be used in other EU countries.

5. Q: What is the pricing level of the houses in Budapest?
A: The central of Budapest prices around EUR2,500-7,000 per square meter; sub-center location prices around EUR1,600-2,500 per square meter; far away from the central area prices around EUR1,000-1,600 per square meter; location which is 20 km away from Budapest and can go Budapest by car (train, car, driving, etc.) prices around EUR1,000-3,000.

6. Q: Which countries that Hungarian visa holders can go?
A: Hungarian visa holders can go all the Schengen countries in Europe. Including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland and Malta.

7. Q: Can Hungarian permanent residence card holders go freely within the Schengen countries without restriction?
A: All citizens of the Schengen member states can live in other Schengen member states without visa for 90 days in each half year.

Work and do business
1. Q: Can Hungarian permanent residence card holder be employed in Hungary?
A: Yes, no need to apply for work permits and can directly sign the employment contract with the employer in accordance with local labor laws.

2. Q: Can Hungarian permanent residence card holder do business in Hungary?
A: Yes, just register a company, and do business with the company name. The most common way is to set up a limited liability company (KFT), the registered capital is HUF500,000 (around EUR 1,800), this fund has to be deposited into the bank as securities, the full amount can be taken out after the establishment of the company. Corporate juridical person can be one person or more. Set up a company requires the following documents: personal identity card, address card and tax card.

3. Q: Can Hungarian permanent residence card holders go to other Schengen countries to work or do business?
A: Yes, Hungarian permanent residence card holders can apply for work permit from the local government if there is a local company willing to offer a job contracts and guarantees. For doing business, Hungarian permanent residence card holders have to register a company. He has to set up an office and hire a certain number of local people and then apply for a businessman’s identity residence. Different countries and different requirements and can only be accessed case by case, but as long as it is reasonable and lawful application, the Government will approve.

4. Q: How to apply for work in other Schengen countries?
A: If there is a local company willing to offer a job contracts and guarantees, he can apply for work permit from the local government. Advantages of holding a Hungarian permanent residence card:
1) After getting the residence card, the applicant can go all Schengen countries, it is convenience for job interview. He does not have to apply for a visa for going to interview.
2) If applicant do not have a Hungarian permanent residence card, Germany employer is not willing to give work permit because it may relate to immigration thought of the applicant and employer has to provide guarantees. If the applicant already have a Hungarian permanent residence card, there is no problem on guarantees and it is relatively easy to grant a work permit.

5. Q: What is the difference between Hungarian permanent residence card and EU Blue Card?
A: Hungarian permanent residence card is issued by the Hungarian government to foreign citizens as a permanent residence permit. The EU Blue Card is not a permanent residence permit granted to a foreign citizen, this is similar to a work visa which does not need an entry visa, this EU Blue Card is valid for two years and can be extended. If the applicant has loss the job, the applicant can still stay in the EU countries for six months with the EU Blue Card. EU Blue card holders can work and live in the issuing countries, he can also enter into 27 EU countries without an entry visa.
The EU Blue Card application requirement: EU Blue Card applicant needs to hold a degree obtained from a university recognized by EU countries or with at least five years’ work experience; applicants must find a permanent job in the EU countries, and the salary must be at least 1.7 times of the average salary of equivalent position in that country.

1. Q: Can the Hungarian permanent residence card holder and his family go to school in Hungary? Can the children of Hungarian permanent residence immigrant go to the government funded school? If yes, he can enjoy the same benefit as the children of Hungarian citizen? Does he need to pay school fee? Is the government funded school taught in Hungarian?
A: Yes, children with permanent residence status can enjoy free education in government funded school in Hungary. The school is taught in Hungarian. He can enjoy the same benefit as the children of Hungarian citizen and no school fee is needed. The government funded school is mainly taught in Hungarian

2. Q: What is the benefits on education for the immigrant’s children after immigration to Hungary?
A: Higher education in Hungary is famous in the world, particularly have outstanding achievements in medicine, economics and technology. Education system in Hungary is well developed and with international standards. It will focus on practical. Education in Hungary can make children more international, more creative, more easily go into the society, and there are more job opportunities as they face the European market directly. There are more opportunities to go to other well-known European and United States universities for exchange study.

3. Q: Schools are taught in English or Hungarian? Are there any language requirements for admission? Are there any international schools which are taught in English? Any chance to go to United Kingdom and United States universities after graduation?
A: The local schools are taught in Hungarian. There are many international schools which are taught in English or taught in multi-language. Study in these international schools need to pay the school fees but it is much cheaper than Western Europe. The schools require students to have a certain level of language proficiency. Students without this language proficiency are difficult to get student visa. However our applicants have got the permanent residence card already, so no visa is needed. In this case, the schools have special language preparatory classes which accept students with different language levels, the students have to join the language training first, and then participate in the formal education courses. This is also one of the advantages of participating in this program. Your children will enjoy the borderless education.
In Hungary, there are bilingual schools organized by the United States and the United Kingdom. Students enjoy the advantages of study in Hungary for two years and study in the United States for another two years.

4. Q: Can Hungarian permanent residence card holders apply for schools in other European countries such as schools in France and Germany?
A: Applicants are free to apply for any Schools in Schengen countries, take France as example, firstly, you need to apply the school in accordance with the requirements of the school, after obtaining the admission permit of school in French, you can apply for the French student visa from the French government. If you can find a job in France after graduation, you can apply for residency permit in French. Even you cannot obtain the residency permit in French, your permanent residency in Hungary will not be affected.

5. Q: There are how many well-known English or bilingual primary school and secondary school in Hungary? What is the name of the School? What is the school fee?
A: Hungary has several well-known English or bilingual teaching school, school fee is around EUR10,000 – 20,000 per year.
American International School of Budapest
The British International School, Budapest (Located in Zone 3)
Britannica International School in Zone 12)
International School of Budapest